My darling little girl would have turned 8 this past January. It is so incredible to think about how big she would be. Every year when her birthday comes around, I wonder what she would have wanted that year. What gifts, what kind of party. What kind of cake would be her favorite and what would her favorite dinner be? Its always a little difficult to think that I will never know. But we throw a party anyways. I like to think she would like it. Its nice to celebrate her memory, and not get lost in the sadness.This year my talented sister in law Kylee and her husband Spencer offered to make a cake. They are so talented, and so incredibly sweet. This cake truly made me think of Kadence and the things I know she did love. It could not have been more perfect.
While on pinterest a while back I found a tutorial for these amazing little NICU smocks for preemie babies. I knew right away what a touching gift this would be. I wasn't nearly as on top of it this year so I didn't get pics of my crew! But I had a ton of help cutting these little bad boys out. I have such an amazing family! Thanks grandma, Aunt Jo and Kim. Mom and Tasha! And then Kylee & Chelsi spent hours surging the edges. I think they turned out pretty adorable!
Here is the link for the NICU Smocks http://everythingyourmamamade.com/2010/09/28/nicusmock/

1 comment:
Such a darling and kind idea! Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl. Much love sent your way. xoxo
Post a Comment