Friday, August 13, 2010

Evie Mae the thoughtful

So I know its been ages since I've posted anything! We haven't had internet access so its made it a little difficult!
The house is coming right along! It definitely has taken longer than we could have ever thought to check off our projects but its pretty much all finished up now! Minus the addition of a few pieces of furniture! One of these days I will get around to posting some before and after pics!
The clock is ticking and D-day is getting closer and closer! Its a little crazy to think that soon our little family will have a new addition! I can't tell you how excited Mae is to have a little sister, she talks about it constantly! I thought I'd share a few cute little comments she has made:
"Mom how is that baby going to get out of your tummy?"
Long pause on my part, I am having a c-section but how do you explain to a 3 year old they are going to cut you open? Before I got an answer out she continues:
"Is that doctor going to use his finger to get it out your mouth?" While demonstrating by putting her finger down her throat
I was laughing and don't think I ever answered

So most of you know that Mae has a security blanket, and its name is Two. We aren't really sure how it got named Two because it isn't the second blanket or anything, one day she just started calling it Two. Well last night we got the crib set back up, when it was time for bed I tucked Mae into her big girl bed with her Two blanket and she said:
"No this is for baby sister, it goes in baby bed"
The sweet little girl is willing to give up her security blanket that she has had since the day she was born so her little sister can have it! I left it out so she could get to it in case she changed her mind but it stayed by the crib all night!

I took Mae with me to the Dr. the other day and we got to hear the heart beat, she didn't really think much of it at the time. But the next morning she came in and started tapping on my belly
"Mom why your baby sound like a drum?"

I just love this girl so much and can't tell you how much I adore how excited she is! She lights up at the mention of baby sister! I am so nervous to have 2 little ones to take care of but I can't wait to see her as a big sister!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh, she is hilarious! I'm so excited to meet her little sister! You are going to do just fine with 2 little nuggets, especially if Mae keeps up the good sharing like she did with "two." So cute...

Ashley Nicole said...

Wouldn't a "Mouth" Delivery be interesting? Hmm, I think I would pass on that one. What a cute little doll!

C*K*J said...

Gawhhhh.... I love that girl. She's going to be the best big sister ever!!
XOXO

Amy said...

haha, she is so freakin cute!